The Mission of the Public Works Department is to respond promptly to customer service concerns, to safe guard the environment, and to continuously respect the needs to the citizens of Oak Hill by providing:
- Safe, efficient, well maintained roads and stormwater systems
- Proactive rehabilitation of City Buildings and facilities
- Proactive maintenance of the City’s fleet
- Maintenance and stewardship of parks, medians and other public grounds for the community.
Parks: to provide safe, accessible and inviting parks and Public Spaces.
- Keep all of the City’s Parks clean, safe and in usable condition for everyone to enjoy
- Provide excellent public service to create a positive experience
- Manage our Parks efficiently.
Streets: Responsible for the following items within City limits
- Street maintenance and repair, including pothole repairs
- Mowing and trimming along the City’s Right-of-ways
- Clearing fallen tree debris on roads, as well as tree trimming
- Grading Shell roads
- Maintaining ditches
- Maintaining sidewalks